Adam Lambert's Persian Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

ADAM Interviews

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Nima Glambert
Common User
Common User
Nima Glambert

ADAM Interviews Empty
PostSubject: ADAM Interviews   ADAM Interviews EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 7:09 am

Adam Lambert's Interview with HuffingtonPost Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

“Like it or not, the words ‘openly gay’ are ALWAYS going to precede my name in the media. But I don’t carry that heavily. Everyone else does.”

Adam Lambert is incredibly relaxed about dealing with the question he must be tired of answering, especially after he made history as the first ‘openly gay’ singer to top the US Billboard Chart with his second album Trespassing earlier this year.

Adam Lambert can carry controversy easily on his shoulders

“What’s the big deal? I came out of the closet when I was 18, went through all the necessary struggles, and after that I didn’t talk about being gay, I just was.”

"I don't know what came over me"

He admits, though, that part of his growing fame and success has meant working out how much responsibility he has to less confident gay people watching what he says and does.

“When it first started, I didn’t know where to go with it. I didn’t know if that minority group even wanted me to be their representative publicly – it seemed almost… presumptuous.

“Then I worked out you can’t please everyone, so you’re better off being you, ultimately, and it was important for me to assert myself as an artist first and foremost.”

“’Openly gay” always precedes my name in the media, but that’s not the public. They objectify and sensationalise it much more than anyone else. I understand. It’s a hot topic. We’re in the middle of a civil rights movement, so I understand why it’s important, but not to everybody.”

If Lambert is sanguine about his position, he has also been mischievous, not least the 2009 AMA Awards, when he couldn’t help but stun American viewers with his racy performance, including a lip-lock with a male dancer (following Britney and Madonna’s previous clinch) and a bit of crotch action that got edited out of the delayed broadcast. So was this a planned headline-grabber? He chuckles…

“The choreography was planned, but the two things that everybody freaked out about were definitely spur of the moment.

“I don’t know what came over me. I was in the audience and I saw Rihanna and Gaga’s performances, and I thought ‘I’ve got to bump it up a notch’, because I was so inspired by their performances. The whole night blew me away.

“It did me some harm and some good. It freaked some people out, but the conversation it started was fruitful.

“It was the first night after Idol, the chance for failure was really high, and I do think creatively and artistically I bit off a little more than I could chew.”

"It's a game"

Lambert could be forgiven for riding high after the 2009 series of American Idol, where he came second to his roommate Kris Allen. As he says, “There were a lot of different experiences before Idol, but it definitely put me on the map.

Does he look back with resentment for the way it turned out – he was the favourite to win until some pictures of him with another bloke mysteriously made their way into the public domain the week of the final – or gratitude? And who are Simon Cowell and Co to tell someone as trained as Adam Lambert how he should be performing?

He shrugs.

“I got to sing every week, work the system, it’s a game. As somebody who watched the show, I was always yelling at the screen, disagreeing with the judges, and their opinions are valid, but it’s so subjective, and what you hear sonically is really different on TV.

“I took it in, but I kind of took it with a grain of salt, and ultimately I had to trust what I wanted to do.

“Had I auditioned earlier, I wouldn’t have got past the first hoop. It took me a long time to define my identity. I was a very insecure young adult, I went through a lot of growing pains, different professional experiences before that, working in theatre and lots of entertainment gigs, so that all thickened my skin.”

And without Idol, there would have been no Adam Lambert touring with Queen, whose members Brian May and Roger Taylor first encountered their guest frontman during the series finale. Was Lambert brought up on a diet of their singular brand of glam-rock?

“I didn’t really know so much about them,” he remembers. “My dad had their album, so I heard things. My way of getting into 70s rock was Andrew Lloyd Webber – through theatre, Jesus Christ Superstar” … Lambert gets even more animated talking about this lot (“Evita… so good, so good”). And my dad was excited we could finally find common ground, then he sneaked out his concept version, which was a bit more rock, then suddenly we were at David Bowie.”

"Not intimidated, just in awe"

Lambert found Queen again all by himself as a student in LA – “slightly arrested development, smoking pot, drawing and listening to 70s rock” – and became fascinated by Freddie Mercury – “his stage energy, his power, I thought ‘I want to sing like that.’”

Lambert’s path to Queen was a steady one, auditioning for We Will Rock You in Vegas, using Bohemian Rhapsody as his audition tape as he ploughed the boards pre-Idol, and then suddenly, there were the veteran rockers themselves, performing alongside him.

“I wasn’t intimidated, just in awe,” reports Lambert. “Brian and I had a lovely interaction, he’s a cool dude, then we sang We Are The Champions, and we had talked about doing something in the future… Something needed to happen,” he finishes, impressively calm about his unique summoning to one of the rock world’s most high-profile plinths.

Creating his own music has helped Lambert keep it all in balance, particularly the new stuff.

“The last 3 years, I’ve been able to put my feet back on the ground, and work out where I fit in.

“I’m very polarising, people either love or hate me, and I like that.”

Away from the stage, is it a life of revelry and hedonism in the tradition of the rockers he admires so much? Nope, in fact it’s all a bit 21st century.

“I’m in a great relationship right now, and we tend to stay in with friends. I’m very boring, I’m afraid - I’ve had my share of partying.

“My friends keep my feet firmly on the ground, and I value in them, above all things – honesty, directness and taste.”
Back to top Go down
Vampire Hunter
Administrator
Administrator
Vampire Hunter

ADAM Interviews Empty
PostSubject: Adam Lambert interview: 'I've figured out my place in music'   ADAM Interviews EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 5:54 am

Adam Lambert interview: 'I've figured out my place in music'

After promoting his new album Trespassing across the States and taking it to the top of the charts, Adam Lambert has promptly flown out to the UK in the hope of doing it all again.

We met up with the singer talk about the LP's success, his upcoming shows with Queen and what he makes of Britney Spears judging on this year's X Factor USA.

You performed at the Royal Albert Hall last night. How did it go?
"Really well, thanks! It's a very intimidating venue as it's so huge with a lot of history. It was great to play my music to a crowd who don't necessarily know my music that well. There were some serious fans there, but the majority of the audience was hearing me for the first time, which is always a great experience."

Congratulations on the success of Trespassing in America. You must be pleased?
"Pleased is an understatement! I'm so relieved that people liked it, as I worked so hard on the record."

The second album is often a really tricky one to negotiate; did you find it a struggle?
"The first album was a bit of a guessing game really. I'd come right off of American Idol and I didn't have as much perspective as I did this time. I now know about my fans and about myself as a person and an artist. There was a lot of personal stuff too. I'm in a lot more grounded place for this album. I also had a lot more time to figure out my sound and place in music as well as live my life with my friends, family and boyfriend."

We've often wondered how singers can record an album on tour...
"I can see how that would add certain things to process, but it can also take stuff away - perspective being the main thing, I would say. Touring is so draining, so I can imagine it must be difficult."

You're also the first out gay popstar to top the Billboard chart...
"That's been a really major milestone for me - I didn't even realise it hadn't been met. I feel honoured to be that person. The sexuality thing is interesting for me - I came out of the closet at 18 and dealt with all my identity issues then. Suddenly, ten years later, I had to do all the defining and qualifying all over again - where in my personal life it was just part of my normal conversation."

Was it like a second 'coming out'?
"It was pretty much that. To be honest, it's the media who are obsessed with it and sensationalise it more than normal people. It was funny when the media wrote about me "coming out" after Idol. Everybody already knew!"

You made the album available to hear online for free. Are you worried that will affect its sales?
"The ins and outs of sales and chart positions confuses me. I'm still trying to wrap my head around it. My team are doing everything they can to make sure it does as well as possible, and if that means staggering the releases, than I'm fine with it. I think putting the album up online was a handy tool for a lot of people, as there are still a lot of preconceived ideas of what I'm about. One of the great things about Trespassing is that I think it really carves out my sound and my vibe."

The record has had some very positive reviews so far; did you ever worry that people wouldn't 'get it'?
"I've been so pleased with the reviews in general, and you can see when someone gets it and gets the intention behind the songs. Before I finished the album, I played the songs to a group of people who I knew would be completely honest with me and wouldn't just kiss my arse. Their honesty helped me a lot."

You're touring with Queen later this month. Are you nervous yet?
"I still can't believe we're doing this. It'll sink in eventually! All we've done is send a couple of emails back and forth, but we'll get down to serious rehearsals soon. They're such sweet guys - almost paternal - and they're doing this for the right reasons. They love what they do and they want to keep giving to the fans."

Would you like to record a track with them?
"Definitely. I wouldn't be opposed to that if the opportunity came along. I think it'd be fun."

Britney Spears is judging on this series The X Factor USA; do you think she'll make a good judge?
"I keep getting asked this question! I think it will be exciting for the public to get to know Britney again. I've never met her but I have friends who dance for her and they haven't got a bad word to say about her."

Would you audition in front of her?
"It's a lot scarier in front of Simon! I can't imagine Britney is going to be mean to anyone. It's similar to Paula [Abdul], who was the female popstar that I grew up with. I wanted her to like [me] and be my friend."

Adam Lambert's new single 'Never Close Our Eyes' is out now. The album Trespassing is available in the US now and follows on July 9 in the UK.
Back to top Go down
Vampire Hunter
Administrator
Administrator
Vampire Hunter

ADAM Interviews Empty
PostSubject: Re: ADAM Interviews   ADAM Interviews EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 5:59 am

Warning: this interview contains the rudest word known to man. And he says it a lot

It’s only flipping Adam Lambert – the man with arguably the most devoted (trans: terrifying) fans on the Interweb. Adam has finally got around to making the follow-up album to 2009’s For Your Entertainment – a long playing record entitled Trespassing. We asked him a bit about that, but mostly we asked the makeup-caked, middle-America shocking, pop behemoth about He-Man toys, animal noises and why the c-word can be a compliment as well as an insult. It’s quite a read…

HM: How are you Adam?

Adam Lambert: I’m good

HM: You’re not weary of interviews yet today?

AL: Not yet, you’re catching me at a great time.

HM: That’s good, because last week someone told us that doing interviews made them want to kill themselves.
AL: Ha ha! I don’t mind talking, I like it. Every once in a while if I’m really, really exhausted I’ll feel crazy. But I enjoy it, it’s part of the job.
HM: Well this one will be easy because I’m just going to be asking you about your favourite things.

AL: Oh my god, that is the worst question! I don’t have favourites.

HM: You’re gonna have to lie.

AL: Oh Lord.

HM: What was your favourite childhood toy?

AL: Skeletor’s castle. It was He-man and She-Ra, and the villain was Skeletor and he had this castle – it was like a set piece where you could play with the action figures on it. You remember how there was a microphone at the back with an echo sound? And there was a cage where you could put slime on the guys that got caught in there. And there was a face in the wall – like a puppet – and you could make it talk.
You know me, I was a pretty imaginative kid and I wanted to make-believe everything.

HM: Your favourite song from Trespassing?

AL: Hmm… I don’t have a favourite song from Trespassing. Honestly. I know it sounds like a diplomatic answer.

HM: What if we told you that you were only allowed to keep one and we’d destroy all the rest?

AL: Oh shit. I can’t, I can’t do it.

HM: How about if we asked you play us just one song from it now, which would you pick?

AL: Today… Shady. Because it’s funky, it gives everybody stankface when they hear it? You know what stankface is, right?

HM: No.

AL: Stankface is like when you hear a song that’s really funky and badass and you kind of go like, “Ooooh!” Kind of like the reaction is, “Ooooh, that’s so nasty!” you know?
Shady has a groove to it that is pretty undeniable. I’m really proud of it.

HM: Your favourite shoes?

AL: Probably my Rick Owens high-heeled boots. Rick Owens made some men’s shoes that have like a hidden heel in them, they’re like a wedge. And they’re just so cunty, they’re just so fabulous.

HM: Wait a second. Cunty?

AL: Yeah. A lot of people misunderstand that phrase. My friends and I use it. It’s a good thing. It means something’s fierce, you know? It’s like saying something’s bitchy – in a good way. Like, “Oooh that’s so bitchy”. It’s a good thing!

HM: Ok then. Your favourite piece of gossip you’ve heard about yourself?

AL: These are good favourites. I remember early on there was some article that was like: ‘Adam Lambert’s a total diva and he was bossing all of his people around’. It was completely fabricated and I was like, ‘what? Where did this come from?’
Gossip is silly. It comes with the territory. One person can say something to one magazine so that they can sell some copies. But there’s no fact checking, there’s no way to insure that truth is printed. It’s all a game.

HM: Your favourite part of the body?

AL: Mmm. I think the eyes. Eyes don’t lie. You can read eyes. I know that sounds really trite but I think you can get a lot from people’s eyes. Like when people can’t look you in the eye, they’re insecure or they’re intimidated… it’s an interesting way to read people.

HM: Your favourite unusual smell?

AL: I don’t think it’s unusual but I like patchouli a lot. I’ll qualify that. I don’t like patchouli when it’s like cheap, flea-market junk. I like it when it’s done in a fancy way. There are some upscale candles that use patchouli that I think are really gorgeous.

HM: Patchouli smells like goth girls.

AL: Yeah, there is that. It can be that really shitty perfume. I don’t like that.

HM: Your favourite noise an animal makes?

AL: These questions are funny! I like the sound of a chicken clucking.

HM: Your favourite character in Saved By The Bell?

AL: Probably Zack. I liked his hair.

HM: Your favourite insulting word or phrase?

AL: Er… cunt. Not to be confused with cunty. Cunty is the positive, cunt is the bad. It’s one of the few words that’s still shocking. There’s not much left that can shock people. But I think when people get uptight about a word, I find that a little strange. The thing about words is it’s not about the word itself, it’s about the intention behind the word. Hence cunt and cunty. If I mean it in a complimentary way, hopefully I’m a good enough communicator that you’ll understand that. But also, of you’re dealing with somebody that’s a little bit dense, they might not.

There are a lot of racially charged words where if it’s used by certain people it’s acceptable to certain people but if it’s used in a hateful way it’s wrong. The same with fag. That’s a big hot button word right now. Kids use it to say something’s stupid, or to say you’re being dumb. At the same time, in the gay community, if you wanna use the word and you’re gay then you have a right to. It’s the age of thing of taking ownership of the derogatory phrase.
HM: We got serious. We started silly and ended up serious.
AL: Kind of like my album!

HM: Nicely done.
Back to top Go down
Vampire Hunter
Administrator
Administrator
Vampire Hunter

ADAM Interviews Empty
PostSubject: Re: ADAM Interviews   ADAM Interviews EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 10:15 am

به خدا میخواستم ترجمه کنم خیلی وقت میبرد،ببخشید همگی
Adam Lambert talks Idol, Olympics and tattoos during Australian trip

IT has only been three years since pop star Adam Lambert was launched on the world stage by American Idol but he is firming as a favourite to return to the show as a judge.

Lambert said he was confident he could juggle the demands of his own career and help steer aspiring pop stars through the show.

The Trespassing star who is in Australia to promote that album would join Mariah Carey and Nicki Minaj on the revamped judges panel for the next season.

''I am still waiting on the green light; I am still being considered as far as I know and it was really lovely to talk with them,'' he said.

The 30-year-old entertainer has landed some highly sought-after gigs in the past year including stepping into the considerable shoes of Freddie Mercury on the latest Queen shows in Europe.

The newly platinum blond singer blames his nationality for British pop princess Jessie J stealing the spot when the band performed We Will Rock You at the London Olympics closing ceremony.

''I love Jessie J but I did think that would have been fun. The word was I couldn't do it because I'm not a British citizen,'' he said.

Lambert is sporting another new addition to his over-the-top persona - a tattoo on his left forearm which reads Musica Delenit Bestiam Feram which translates as music soothes the savage beast.

He regards body art as a ''grown-up scrapbook'' but believes younger people should wait until they go under the needle.

''I think it's a really cool way to mark times and events when you are older and know that putting something on your body is something you will have to live with,'' he said.

''It's like a stamp in your passport.''

Lambert plays a sold out show at The Standard in Sydney on Thursday and will be in Melbourne on Friday.
Back to top Go down
Vampire Hunter
Administrator
Administrator
Vampire Hunter

ADAM Interviews Empty
PostSubject: Re: ADAM Interviews   ADAM Interviews EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 10:29 am

Most male pop stars would rather shave their heads than go prematurely gray, but of course, Adam Lambert is not like most male pop stars. Just-released, high-fashion photos from the British tastemaker glossy Fiasco feature the American Idol looking more like a classic matinee idol, with his pomade-slicked, grown-out silver coif, and these stunning shots may soon directly contribute to a severe drop-off in worldwide sales for Grecian Formula For Men. Glambert looks good in gray!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Adam’s Fiasco issue hits newsstands this Monday, but here are some interview excerpts to tide you over till then:
On coming from a TV talent show:
“It’s interesting, because you get all this hype and celebrity and it’s of the moment. But as far as being an artist, that’s not really explored until you put out your own original material.”
On singing with Queen:
‘Those shows I did with Queen were pretty surreal. I was really excited and super-flattered, but intimidated at the same time. How do you live up to someone like Freddie Mercury? There was no way I could ever compete with him. I had to let that go and create an experience of paying tribute.”
On keeping up appearances:
“The way I look at it, there’s just as much pressure [on men], but men aren’t supposed to talk about it. It’s supposed to seem easy, but men, especially in the public eye, are just as worried as women are.”
On being a posterboy for the LGBT community:
“For the general audience, they look at the way I style myself and they go, ‘Errrr, that’s gay,’ but you ask a handful of gay guys and they’re like, ‘I would never wear that!’”
Back to top Go down
mamal_adam
Half Active User
Half Active User
mamal_adam

ADAM Interviews Empty
PostSubject: Re: ADAM Interviews   ADAM Interviews EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 2:26 pm

ترجمش

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
hoora glambert
Common User
Common User
hoora glambert

ADAM Interviews Empty
PostSubject: Re: ADAM Interviews   ADAM Interviews EmptyFri Sep 27, 2013 5:49 pm

mishe tarjome konid??????????ADAM Interviews 2754537660 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

ADAM Interviews Empty
PostSubject: Re: ADAM Interviews   ADAM Interviews Empty

Back to top Go down

ADAM Interviews
Page 1 of 1